Fall 2023 Infrastructure Improvement Projects
The City of Waconia has multiple areas where infrastructure improvements will occur this fall. View the project locations here (PDF).
Waconia Parkway North (September 18 - September 29)
- 2 storm sewer culvert replacements.
- Waconia Parkway North will be closed to thru traffic during culvert construction. Residents will still have access to adjacent neighborhoods. The attached figure shows the intended detour.
- View the detour route here (PDF).
Burandt Boulevard and Farm Line Road
- The existing trail on the south side of Burandt and east side of Farm Line will be reconstructed (Expected to start September 15).
- Streets will be milled and overlayed (Expected to start in October).
CSAH 10 Trail
- A new trail connection will be constructed on the north side of CSAH 10 from Somerwood Drive to Interlaken Parkway (September 18 - October).
Olive Street Alley Improvement Project
Olive Street between Second and Third Streets will be closed for for Utility Improvements of the Apartment Building and Storm Water Improvements of Alley between Olive and Elm Streets.
The work and closure will commence on Tuesday, August 22nd and go through a period of four weeks depending on the weather.
On the reverse side you will find the Detour Route and Closure Information. Accesses near the intersections will be accessible and at times sometimes constraint due to utility improvements specific to the north half of the closure near Second Street.
The detour map can be seen below.
Storm Sewer Improvement in Lakeview Terrace
Storm sewer improvements scheduled for the Public Access of Lake Waconia directly off Lakeview Terrace Boulevard will start on Monday August 21st, 2023.
The storm water improvements are part of the 2023 Capital Improvement Program. City Council awarded the improvements to Schneider Excavating and Grading, Inc.
During this process the Boat Access will be closed for launching during the week. Once work is completed enough to allow access for boats it will be open for access on weekends. Personal craft may be carried in and out during the improvements. The project should take approximately three weeks depending on weather.
2023 Seal Coating
The City of Waconia has multiple areas being seal coated in the community for 2023.
- 2019 and 2020 Improvement Project Areas.
- Lakeview Terrace Development; Excluding the Boat Access area on Lakeview Terrace Boulevard
- Sparrow Road and roadways impacted by the 2020 Street Re-Surfacing Project
- 10th Street and Interlaken Crossing areas near Highway 10.
Notices for Parking have been distributed to the impacted areas.
2023 Waterford Park Project
The Waterford Park play area construction will begin the first week of June. Trail and parking lot light bases will be installed, water lines will be put in place to support the community gardens, and the shelter will receive a new roof. Irrigation will be installed around the play system once the lighting and water service have been completed. The parking lot is tentatively set for asphalt re-surfacing on Monday, May 22nd. On this date there will be on-street parking ONLY.
The new Waterford Park green space has been updated with irrigation. Restoration of the existing system will occur soon, and coincide with final site restoration. Weather permitting, the Waterford Park's estimated completion date is Fall 2023.