Permits & Applications

  1. Building Permits

    Building permits are required for most home improvement projects, including new construction, new additions and remodeling, finishing a basement, re-roofing, re-siding, window replacement, decks, porches, fences, plumbing, heating, electrical work, garages and utility sheds.

  2. Chicken/Bee License

    The City has an ordinances to allow the keeping of chickens and honey bees with a license. This page has information regarding the licenses.

  3. Zoning Code Complaint

    This form is used when you wish to file a zoning or a code complaint about a property in the community.

  4. Block Party / Street Use Permits

    The city encourages neighbors to get to know each other and will permit street closings for neighborhood block parties or special events, subject to certain conditions.

  5. Facility Use, Rental, & Applications

    The City of Waconia offers numerous facilities and meeting rooms for community use.

  6. Solicitor Permit

    Solicitation Permits are required for any person, organization, or corporation desiring to sell wares door to door or solicit donations within the city limits.

  7. Olive Street Sign Advertising

    The City of Waconia monument sign, located at 584 Olive Street in Waconia, is available for the advertisement of community or public events at no charge to groups or organizations incorporated or doing business within the city limits.

  8. Planning Applications

    Look through a list of planning applications and forms.

  9. Municipal Plumber's License

    Plumbers doing work within the City of Waconia are required, by City Ordinance, to first obtain a plumber permit through the Public Services Department. These permits are renewable on an annual basis. The license period is February 1 to January 31.

  10. Temporary Noise Permit

    Temporary noise permits are required if a person or entity is hosting a gathering outdoors where amplified sound is used after 10:00 p.m. if the sound can be heard by 25 or more people.