The City of Waconia provides municipal water, wastewater, stormwater, and streetlight utilities to its residents. Utility services are billed on a monthly basis. Click on the green tabs to explore more about the utilities provided and the billing options available!
Concerns About A Bill
If you are wondering why your bill is higher than usual, please consider the following items:
- Is this the time of year for outside watering or sprinkling?
- Is there a faucet leaking or dripping in your home?
- Does the toilet fail to shut off after flushing?
- Is the water softener functioning correctly?
Water ConservationThe City of Waconia has implemented the following water conservation measures:
- Odd-Even Watering Day Restrictions: under the odd-even system, residents and businesses with addresses ending in an odd number may water on odd numbered calendar days. Those with even-numbered addresses may water on even numbered calendar days. Odd-even watering will assist in maintaining appropriate water reserve levels and puts less “peak” demand on the water supply system.
- Time of Day Restrictions: watering is not permitted between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. This method limits water usage during dry periods and assists in maintaining appropriate water supply levels.
- Summer Maximum Outdoor Usage: the City of Waconia allows the maximum outdoor usage of 30,000 gallons/month during the summer months. Usage outside of this restriction will be charged a higher 4th tier rate.
Shut-Off Policy for Delinquent Utility Accounts
Water Ordinance 410 (PDF) Current ordinance as set by the City Council. Please review the ordinance for account requirements and shut-off policy.